Friday, September 21, 2007

Still Working

I've been working for about two weeks now...It's going ok. The kids get most of their school work and housework done. Most of it... We usually have dinner. Usually... It's not working perfect but it's working ok. I hate being away from the kids though. I have more incentive to be extremely careful with our money next year so that we have money sitting in savings for Christmas and holidays. I'd rather not go this route again. Just two more weeks...

One of the big complaints from stay at home moms is no adult conversation. With this job I talk to no one and am around no one all day. I think I prefer conversations with the kids.

Stephen, Shane, and Jessica are learning a lot about running a household. I think it takes more than what they expected.

Stan has started doing science experiments with Jacob. They have made two different types of refrigerator pickles and had everyone do a taste test. Next they are ripening our green tomatoes in paper bags (5 per bag). They have a bag with one red tomato, one with an apple, one with a cucumber, and five green tomatoes on the window sill. They are seeing which green tomato ripens fastest. They are keeping a lab notebook to record all that they learn.

No comments: