Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Our Day

We have started the new year of homeschooling as of today. We started with family prayer, scripture study, and read aloud (at 10am :::grin:::). I let the kids pick the read aloud--they picked Mossflower by Brian Jacques. I think three of them have already read it, but they were the ones that wanted it read aloud so it must be pretty good. We also just received a box of legos with lots of special pieces from freecycle, so the kids were happy to sit and build while I read. I read from the Book of Mormon to them (usually they have to take a turn reading). I was afraid that they wouldn't get anything from it that way, but they asked several questions/made comments showing that they were definitely listening.

This afternoon was warm (45 degrees) so we decided to go to the park. There was still snow in spots, but they didn't seem to mind. Joseph decided that he did need a coat after all though. I minded--I sat in the truck and read My Antonia. It is a pretty good book. There is a lot of description of the landscape of Nebraska around 1900 and it gives you a pretty good idea of what life was like living on the prairie at that time. I also caught up on Sunday School and Relief Society readings (yeah, I know, not very hard at this point).

No comments: