Monday, November 19, 2007

Spay and Neuter Clinic

Jacob and I took our cats to the free spay and neuter clinic at the fairgrounds yesterday. They had 4 vets doing cats and 3 vets doing dogs. They said that they would "fix" 150 cats in 8 hours. What a blessing to have this available! Can you imagine 150 more cats running around our little town making more kittens? We would be over run. And they do that many every year.

When we checked the cats in, they asked if we would like to volunteer. We did :) They had us keep the cats warm by covering them with a towel and putting a sock of rice that had been microwaved next to them. Then we sat and petted and rubbed and talked to the cats until they woke up from the anesthetic. That took anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. It was a good experience for Jacob and I. Maybe we'll do it again next year even though we won't have any more cats to take in.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey, I just wanted to say that I think you are AWESOME and I am so excited about your new calling. I know it is daunting--the only person in the last presidency who had served in Primary before was Jenn, and we lived, so there you go! I am just the chorister, but Sister Kling and I are both willing to help the presidency in ANY capacity! I have admired you since I first met you, Amy, and I think we're all VERY lucky in Primary!

Jenn said...

You've been tagged!